We are volunteers with horticultural expertise who share a love of gardening, a desire for learning and a will to promote resilient gardening practices. We serve the geographic area of Frontenac County, including Kingston, Gananoque, Napanee, Brockville, Landsdown, Mallorytown, Rockport, Wolfe Island, Howe Island and the surrounding areas.
We serve the public, promoting resilient gardening practices, by:
- providing free advice at Advice Clinics at farmer’s markets, home shows, and other local events
- researching and speaking on gardening topics
- conducting community workshops
- writing articles and fact sheets
- running garden tours
- hosting garden conferences
We meet on the 4th Monday of every month from 6:30 to 8:30 pm from September to June (except December) on Zoom.
We invite new members to drop in on a meeting to get to know us and learn how to become a Master Gardener. For the Zoom link email MGRTIcoordinator@gmail.com.
Formed in 1991, our group was originally called Gananoque Master Gardeners.
We are part of the province-wide Master Gardeners of Ontario Inc. (MGOI). There are 38 local Master Gardener groups in Ontario focused on providing sustainable gardening information to the public. There are also Master Gardener groups in many provinces, most states, and in some international locations.
- Coordinator : Astrid Muschalla
- Past Coordinator: Pat Haslett
- Secretary: Marie McKenna
- Treasurer: Danielle Marshall
- Webmaster: Joyce Hostyn